Saturday, April 23, 2016

My few last words.....

     There are so many areas of learning that have intrigued me over these past two years, how do I narrow down to three? One subject that made a deep impression on me was activism. To be an advocate for improvement to the early childhood field is an option that had never occurred to me until I studied it with my classmates at Walden, and will always be a possible avenue to pursue. I don't imagine ever retiring, so when I am physically unable to keep up with the kids, or if a specific issue becomes urgent, I will attempt to make a difference through writing policy. Current research and policies will be on my radar when considering politicians worthiness.
     Secondly,  I hold a deep appreciation for researchers and the difficulties in studying this field. Little brains are so hard to tap into, but the importance of understanding what is going on in those minds is extremely important. To then add in the many challenges young children are facing today that are still unanswered puzzles, the work they do seems insurmountable. Thanks to my Walden education, I can learn about the latest research being conducted and determine for myself it is valid and whether I agree with it or not.
   Thirdly, a specific topic that hit me was the study of biases and prejudice. I was shocked and a bit embarrassed to learn that I was guilty of many micro aggression comments and/or invalidations. This is an area that I will actively be aware of forever. I will be conscious of my words and actions, and teach others this awareness, the importance of it, and how to stop committing micro aggressions, micro invalidations, and micro insults.
     My long term goal is to become well known in this field as an agent of change. I want parents and educators to look toward my methods for guidance, and recognize the benefits of working cooperatively with each other for the good of mankind. I want competition to be recognized as important, but not to the point of creating hate.

SO.... no goodbyes here, just so-long-for-nows!! Thank you to all my colleagues for your support and encouragement, your inspiration and for providing me with different lenses to see my career field. I especially need to thank the fantastic professors and the ease of the Walden system to get this old technology challenged lady through the program.

     I hope to follow my colleagues through their blogs...I will try to keep mine up to date and hope some of you will, also!

Doing my favorite thing :)


How I feel about every day

The word I hope to spread

 MY EMAIL IS RENEEBADAY@GMAIL.COM. I welcome any and all shared contacts!

Please look for each other at graduation and don't hesitate to come up to me if you recognize me!!




1 comment:

  1. Dear Renee,

    What an honor it has been working alongside you. We have been able to collaborate, resource together, validate and encourage one another for more than one class. I completely agree narrowing it down to just three things that resonated with us seems hard, since I think we are all taking a vast amount of knowledge with us. Each of you has been an inspiration to me. I pray that we can stay connected, follow each other's blogs for years to come, and continue to look to each other for guidance and resources. Thank you!!

    Vanessa Aldana
    playlearnprek@yahoo.com
    blog: http://1vanessaaldana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete